[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text]The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is a hands on option for Years 11 and 12 students. It suits those who like to learn in a more practical way and want to find out more about work or TAFE pathways. VCAL gives students practical work-related experience, as well as literacy and numeracy skills and the opportunity to build personal skills that are important for life and work.
Students at St Helena will be enrolled in Intermediate VCAL at Year 11 and Senior VCAL at Year 12.
To be eligible to undertake the VCAL students must have:
- been enrolled at St Helena for a minimum of 12 months.
- completed a Career Action Plan.
- completed Work Experience and have received positive feedback from their employer.
- enrolled/applied for at least one VET subject.
- demonstrated mature and responsible behaviour in all situations.
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- the ability to keep accurate, up to date and complete records.
- a strong work ethic and the ability to see tasks through to completion.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]In Intermediate VCAL students undertake:
VCAL Maths (VCE Foundation Maths), Literacy (Reading, writing and oral communication skills), Work Related Skills (including structured workplace learning), Personal Development Skills.
In Senior VCAL students undertake:
Personal Development Skills, Industry Specific and Work Related Skills (including 2 days per week of a structured work placement), Literacy & Oracy Skills[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]