ACE – Accelerated Curriculum & Enrichment
2018 Enrolment Information
- ACE information Evening – 2nd May 2017 at 7pm in the College Theatre
- Return of ‘Application for Enrolment, Year 7, 2018 Forms’ – 12th May 2017
- ACE Program Aptitude Assessment – 27th May 2017
- ACE Program applicant Student & parent interviews – 1st – 3rd August 2017
- Student needs vary widely.
- Gifted and talented students need to be stimulated and challenged.
- St Helena believes in “Daring to be excellent”.
- Students identified as ‘gifted and talented’.
- Students who are self-directed.
- Students who commit to excellence and involvement in the College.
- University developed achievement tests.
- Primary teacher assessment.
- Student self-assessment.
- Parent feedback and assessment.
- One class per year level.
- A full six year course of study.
- Students remain together through the first three years.
- Years 7-10 curriculum in three years.
- An enriched VCE over three years.
- Possibility of University subjects.
The detailed outcomes of the ACE program are to enable these students to:
- Participate actively and positively in the Accelerated Curricula and Enrichment (ACE) program.
- Develop and extend their higher level mental processes, in particular, their capacity to use problem solving resources, their understanding and use of divergent thinking processes and their ability to apply creative solutions to the point where they can work as effective independent thinkers.
- Develop knowledge gained in prescribed and individual areas of study.
- Make learning connections across key learning areas and life.
- Develop positive motivational attitudes towards and stimulation of, interest in, a wide variety of studies and fields.
- Give a vision of individual and personal excellence through a reciprocal commitment to the broader school community (as part of the co-curricula program).
- Develop socially and emotionally through the growth of scholarly habits, social interaction and growth in general psychological health.
More information is available from Ms Vittoria Saliba, ACE Program Coordinator who can be contacted:
- via email – email@example.com
- or phone 9438 8500.