St Helena Secondary College (SHSC) has an ‘Enrolment Ceiling’ and a ‘Restricted Neighbourhood Zone’(RNZ). This means we are limited in the number of students we can accommodate and that those within the zone must be prioritised.
Applications for enrolment into all year levels are processed against the criteria in the following order:
First: Inside Restricted Neighbourhood Zone (RNZ)
Proof of permanent residence inside the RNZ is required.
Second: Sibling Rights
Applicants who live with a sibling who attends St Helena Secondary College at the same time,
if positions are available.
Third: Nearest Residential Address Outside the RNZ
Based on straight-line distance from the applicant’s driveway to the College driveway on Wallowa Rd.
Fourth: Specific Curriculum Grounds
Applicants from outside the RNZ can complete a Specific Curriculum Grounds form (in addition to the Proof of Residence form) to demonstrate the significant educational benefit the applicant would gain at SHSC compared to the school at which they have right of entry
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
All applicants in priority groups 1 and 3 (above) are required to provide a completed ‘Proof of Residence’ form and copies of the following as evidence of their permanent residential address:
- Current utilities bill AND
- Rates notice or lease agreement (min 12 months) AND
- Parent’s Driver’s Licence.
6-7 ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS
- All Year 6 students are required to apply for Year 7 placement through their Primary School in accordance with the Department of Education and Training policy.
- St Helena Secondary College is required to collect Proof of Residence and Specific Curriculum Grounds information separate from this process by specific due dates.
This occurs through the process and form found in the column under FORMS on this page.
- Parents and students will be informed of their placement by the Primary School.
- For Year 7 applications after this date, follow the ‘All Other Enrolment Applications’ process.
SPECIFIC CURRICULUM GROUNDS
Applicants from outside the RNZ can complete a Specific Curriculum Grounds Form (in addition to the Proof of Residence Form) to demonstrate the significant educational benefit the applicant would gain at SHSC compared to the school at which they have right of entry.
OUR EVENTS INFORMATION
Year 7 (2018) Transition Information Evening –
Tuesday 24th October (5.00pm & 7.00pm)
Booking now available via the following link:
Connections Program –
Mondays 30th November & 6th, 13th and 20th December (3.45pm – 5.15pm)
Bookings now available via the following link: www.surveymonkey.com/r/StHelenaConnections2018
Mini-Orientation (by invitation)–
Friday 17th November (1.30pm)
Year 7 (2018) Student-Parent-Teacher Strive Conferences –
Monday 27th November (9.00am – 12.30pm) & Tuesday 28th November (12.15pm – 3.45pm)
Bookings available in term 4 via Compass.
Orientation Day –
Tuesday 12th December (all day)
ALL OTHER ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS
Applicants are required to:
- attend an interview with the relevant mini-school Associate Principal.
- provide a copy of the most recent semester report
- provide contact details of a person who knows you well from your previous school.
A reference from this person will be obtained prior to an enrolment offer. This process will
ensure enrolment at SHSC is in the best interests of the applicant and that all necessary support
- complete the ‘Consideration for Enrolment’ Form.
All enrolment enquiries should be made to Ms Coral Ward: 9438 8500 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
All enrolment documentation should also be delivered or mailed for the attention of:
Ms Coral Ward – Enrolment Officer
St Helena Secondary College,