The Accelerated Curriculum and Enrichment (ACE) Program caters for the educational needs of gifted and talented students. It ensures these students are engaged, challenged and supported to achieve their full potential. St Helena believes in allowing students to discover how far daring to be excellent can take them.
Self-directed gifted and talented students who are committed to excellence and college involvement are welcome to apply.
Eligibility is determined through a range of means including:
- University developed achievement tests
- primary teacher assessment
- student self-assessment
- parent feedback and assessment
- an interview
- St Helena runs one ACE class per year level across a full six year course of study.
- Students remain together through the first three years.
- The Years 7-10 curriculum is completed in three years.
- An enriched VCE is completed over three years.
- It’s possible to take University subjects.
- Develop and extend higher order, divergent and independent thinking; the capacity to problem solve, apply creative solutions.
- Apply knowledge in prescribed and chosen areas of study.
- Connect learning across key learning areas and life.
- Motivation to engage with and develop interest in a wide range of studies and fields.
- Demonstrate excellence in contributions to the school and broader community.
- Develop socially and emotionally through the growth of scholarly habits, social interaction and psychological health.