We are extremely excited to announce that Kate Moloney will be the Head Coach of St Helena Secondary College’s 2020 Netball Academy.
Kate brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Netball Academy from her playing time with the Melbourne Vixens and from her time representing Australia. Her leadership and communication skills are exceptional, and our academy athletes will flourish with exposure to this. We look forward to seeing the growth of our athletes over the year under Kate’s coaching.
Overall, this is an exciting addition to the St Helena netball community, and we are extremely eager to see the high-level coaching that will be provided to our Academy athletes throughout 2020 and beyond.
Kate’s Individual Awards and Achievements:
- 2019 Australian Diamonds Squad Member
- 2019 Melbourne Vixens MVP Runner Up
- 2019 Melbourne Vixens Captain
- 2018 Melbourne Vixens Captain
- 2018 Melbourne Vixens MVP Runner Up
- 2017 Australian Fast5 Captain
- 2017 Samsung Australian Diamonds debut
- 2017 Melbourne Vixens Captain
- 2015 Melbourne Vixens Coaches Award
- 2014 Melbourne Vixens Coaches Award
- 2014 Melbourne Vixens Premiership
- 2013 Melbourne Vixens debut
- 2013-11 Under 21 State team
- 2012 Under 21 Australian team
- 2012 Under 19 Australian team
- 2012-11 Under 17 State team
- 2012 captain of Victorian Under 19 team
- Vice-Captain of Under 19 Australian team
- 2010 Under 17 Nationals MVP
The St Helena Sports Academy aims to develop skills in our students that will encourage lifelong learning, allowing them to connect and interact with the real world as active and responsible global citizens. Upon completion of the program students will not only have developed as an athlete, but as a well-rounded individual with options, dignity and purpose.
Students involved in the Netball Academy will participate in four sessions per fortnight, held before school hours.
This is a co-curricular program that is additional to the standard curriculum program. The sessions will focus on:
- Technical Skill Development
- Tactical and Strategic Development
- Strength and Conditioning
- Injury Prevention
- Match Preparation
To apply for the 2020 Sports Academy, please complete the application forms attached and submit them electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand them into Mr Shaun Bowes in the PE office by 3pm November 15th.