Putting our educational philosophy into practice every day enables us to realise our vision. It is encapsulated in the following set of beliefs.
- every student can learn and make progress. This is fostered in the right context and given the right input, opportunities, scaffolding and encouragement
- safety and wellbeing, including zero tolerance for child abuse, bullying and harassment is a critical pre-condition for learning. The commitment of all community members to our codes of conduct and values is a core expectation
- students who are known, valued, respected and embraced within the community can dare to excel
- orderliness supports learning. This is achieved through our structures, purposeful and well-defined routines, policies and procedures
- a commitment to contemporary pedagogies, evidence based practice and data driven intervention facilitates continual school improvement and student outcomes
- knowledge application, skill development, IT literacy and values education support the holistic growth of students preparing to flourish in the digital age. We equally prioritiese academic progress and personal development.
- learning that is student-centred, personalised, open ended, choice laden, fun, relevant and real produces world-ready graduates
- realistic goal setting and strategic endeavour underpins excellent outcomes
- empowering students to affect their own schooling experience is motivating, and builds leadership skill, responsibility and autonomy
- our teachers must keep learning if our students are to keep learning. Professional learning communities form the basis of this professional development
- well-rounded students participate fully in and contribute to school life, and the broader community through service initiatives
- honouring the past, leading in the present and anticipating the future ensures a cutting edge education
- parents/guardians, alumni, volunteers, relevant experts and the wider community are important partners in fostering the learning and wellbeing of students