The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is a recognised senior secondary qualification and should be chosen for its hands on approach and suitability for a student’s career ambitions.
The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is a rigorous, challenging program that focuses on practical work-related experience, industry specific skill development, literacy and numeracy skills and the opportunity to build personal skills that are important for life and work.
The school runs two classes of approximately 20 students, one at Year 11 (Intermediate) and one at Year 12 (Senior). Students are enrolled following a successful application and interview process.
To be eligible to undertake the VCAL students must have:
- been enrolled at St Helena Secondary College for a minimum of 12 months
- completed a Career Action Plan
- completed Work Experience and received positive feedback from their employer
- enrolled/applied for at least one VET subject
- demonstrated consistent maturity and responsibility
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- the ability to keep accurate, up-to-date and complete records, a strong work ethic, and the persistence to see tasks through.